Wednesday 16 October 2013

Bogged down

Hey y'all.

I know it's been forever since my last post and I apologize for that. Responsibilities and work load is currently at an all-time high so I'll be bogged down with RL for a little longer before I could resume work with Labcoax. Whilst busy, I did get a thing or two nearly done, such as one of the intro images (there's a total of 12 images I believe, making a sprite depicting a little event) for Labcoax below:

LBCX Intro under construction

As you could see, it's still lacking shadow/shading and hair! You may think that I've got it all figured out, but figuring out what hair to give characters has always taking up lots of time for me. So there's still long ways to go.

On the bright side, user tacokurt @ Furaffinity.net recently (actually it's been a whole month) made a fanart featuring the heroine of Labcoax and a monster creation of his/her own! The art style is pretty distinctive so check it out at tacokurt@furaffinity. Site contains furries (doh).

I'll answer to questions in the comment section regularly so that it won't seem like I've fallen from the face of the planet.

12 comments:

  1. Aw thanks for the shout out ;3 Take your time on personal stuff and get back to the game when you can, I'm spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man thanks for getting the word out, I appreciate that! Hopefully I don't take too long trying to settle things. I was wondering between Coon Spoon or tacokurt when writing the post, went with the latter so hope you don't mind.

      Delete
  2. Glad to know you haven't disappeared! I've been checking every day once your last release went out. Am still a fan and anxious to see more done to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me motivation to hear from people still following this development! Next release should be just around the corner once I settle down. Keep checking :D

      Delete
    2. Keep at it! I'm still checking daily, each time i get on my pc, and even before i hop into bed for the next day. I am super anxious to see what else you got in store for the release!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I check this site literally every day. Or close to it. And I smile and go, "nuts, maybe tomorrow!" and resolve to try again the next day.

    Even I'm shocked at how much I care about your work. I mean, there is nothing I could do to emulate what you've done thus far. You can create something - even something as simple as a game like this - that inspires desire in others. That's an amazing talent that few can call their own, and for that, I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah such high praise is too much for me :P but really, if I can do such a thing, so can you! Inspire me inspire you.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you're still all fine and dandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your post on Project-2. The metal leggings and heels of the heroine is especially alluring! Good to hear you're onto a new game, sometimes it's just more refreshing to be working on something new. Been working on Labcoax for so long now that I get weary easily :(

      Delete
    2. I feel ya! Got sick of Pendulum, so now I'm free to do whatever I feel like doing... until I get sick of my next game, that is :P.

      Delete
  5. Man, that intro looks sweet. How did you learn pixel art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only learnt pixel art when I started Labcoax, but prior to this I have some experience drawing on paper, so I got things like proportion & perspectives down (well sorta). Unfortunately for me I only drew humanoids before this, so I have to pick up color blending, shading, and learning to draw a whole bunch of background and environment objects!

      Eh I could go on writing but you get the idea :)

      Delete