Monday 1 April 2013

April Fool's Update


...
I bet you were totally expecting a release didn't you?
Nope, just dropping a post to highlight the recent additions to Labcoax, but first a screenshot:


Truth be told I haven't done much in the past few weeks. The only things I've managed are:-

  • Forward dash
  • Back-hop
  • Ammo-change system
I plan to have both the forward dash and back-hop to be as obtainable upgrades from beating mini-bosses. Additional ammo types for the ammo-change system would have to be obtained from beating the main bosses, very much like Megaman stealing the powers of the main enemies he defeated. Each ammo type will behave differently. The only concern I have is making all of them useful.

Back-hop (ignore the red lines)


When is the next release? I can't really say, but maybe 3 weeks to a month from now? Note that I have not started on any bosses or enemies just yet. I'm really just trying to get the new game intro set up for now.

15 comments:

  1. Hah. I was actually looking at your thread in ULMF going, "I wonder when this bastard is going to update...". Clicked your blog link and whats this? AN UPDATE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I suppose I should update the thread there too. I just thought it should be a significant enough update before posting it there.

      Delete
  2. Looking good.
    Would it be possible to have a map somewhere in the menu if the layout gets convoluted (with different floors and backtracking) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I have a slight idea on how to implement the map but it would be very much later in development when I really get down to it. Or my other idea was to implement big map panels, placed at the walls in specific rooms for the player to refer to.

      Delete
    2. Excellent, and of course, it can even wait until the final release, since most of us will probably be fine restarting from scratch for each update until then. ;)

      Delete
  3. Looking at the screenshot your're going to be adding a level-up system which is good if you can execute property, If I do get a chance and play the game I would probably just re-enter areas and just grind my way at the top-- which kind of takes away the fun, but if it's possible why not right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a careful balance I'll have to strike. That and 3 difficulties to choose from.

      Delete
  4. Not enough comments! I'd love to see this game completed. Tested what you have so far, and there is a done of potential there.

    Looking forward to it. Will buy it when completed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eagerly awaiting the May update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbow Sparkle being lazy2 May 2013 at 09:23

    It would be great to see another update for this game, it looked really interesting when I first found it and it still does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been 1 month + ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Getting a little worried here. :(

      Delete