So many months have past since v0.4, apologies for keeping you waiting for v0.5. I swear I could've given up, but I know nothing good will ever come out of that. Release v0.5 is not a big update, but most of the changes required me to do some refreshing on my codes after being away from Gamemaker for awhile. I hope v0.5 can help tide you fellas over until v0.6.
|In a pinch|
Labcoax - Alpha v0.5
Download links (est. size 7.0 MB)
Password:- dtny (パスワード)
Links are also added under the 'Downloads' section.
Release Notes for v0.5b:
- Slight change in code handling jump-through platforms. Fixed bug of being unable to jump when in contact with jump-through platforms.
- Aerial enemy 'Poltergeist'.
- Grapple mechanics changed; now damages-on-struggle-input and loops until player breaks animation.
Breaking grapple becomes increasingly harder further into a single loop.Breaking grapple only becomes harder following player inputs for the loop, to encourage attempting escape in one-fell-swoop. New loop resets the escape bar drop rate.
- Introduced ammo drop and ammo alternate attack. Obtained via lockers.
- A fresh labcoat has 3 hitpoints, gives 20% damage reduction, is finally useful. Obtained via lockers.
- Two sets of player sprites: Sprite with labcoat equipped & the other without.
- Save-point now interactable but save function is not done, serving only as placeholder.
- Zoom-in/out now for more close-up pixel fun! Just press the 'space' key.
- Press F3 to cycle through a few window sizes when not under full-screen.
- Skill list now visible in pause menu.
- I think pause menu is now prettier.
As usual, couple of notes:
- When equipped labcoat destroyed, chance to respawn as a new labcoat.
- Both shotgun shots are the same. They're to tell me I got the functions working.
- New game & continue game starts the player in the usual test room. Both options are no different for now.
- Choosing difficulty still makes no difference.
- Tell me if v0.5 is working for you by voting in the poll to the right (not visible on mobile view)!
- If you found a bug, tell me in the comment section below!
I'll start putting up projected work that I should aim for the next release so I can look back and be reminded what the hell I was actually suppose to do.
Projected v0.6 release:
> New game intro using timeline.
> Continue building actual levels.
> Event triggers.
> At least one new enemy.
> Environmental hazards.